Georgy Zhukov is one of the symbols of victory in the Great War 1941-45. The Order of the Patriotic War is one of the country’s most revered awards, a symbol of courage, bravery and heroism of the Soviet people. It is this order that serves as the prototype for the architectural design of the station. The red star, white frame and golden rays are intertwined, turning into obelisks of glory. The victorious warriors stood in the parade line. Dark side walls, personifying the tragedy of war, visually expand the space.
Light plays an important role in the energy of the station. General lighting is created by reflected light, the sources of which are hidden behind the side longitudinal cornices and the bases of the stars – the capitals of the columns. Thin beams of golden light geometric light ornament on the ceiling. The ruby light of the glass sections of the columns gives a special solemnity to the interior.
The entrance pavilions in the form of red wedges clearly mark the station entrance zones and at the same time bear a symbolic component, echoing the arrows on the maps of military operations.